|New Items and Announcements|
||Web Notice: System outage (02.21.17)
DDTC systems including DTrade and EFS will be unavailable to industry from 6:00PM (ET) Friday, February 24 through 12:00PM (ET) Saturday, February 25 due to scheduled system maintenance.
||Industry Notice - IT System: Modernization Webinar – Batch Filing in DECCS (01.31.17)
The webinar will provide an overview of the batch filing process in DECCS release 2, future batch filing process in release 3 and question and answer session. The webinar will be held on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 from 2:30 p.m. (EST) to 3:30 p.m. (EST). DDTC requests questions be submitted prior to the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure answers can be provided during the webinar.
Click here | DECCS Release 2 Batch filing
To join the webinar go to https://irmedip.adobeconnect.com/chatwsme/, enter your Name and click Enter Room.
Note: The webinar will allow for 100 participants. If you are unable to join the webinar session but would like to join via the conference line call 877-336-1829; Access Code: 730 766
- Licensing: Three (3) new Name/Address change announcements have been posted. (02.21.17)
Click here to read.
- Web Notice: IT System: Modernization Webinar – February Industry Meeting on DECCS Release #2 (01.08.17)
This webinar provides an overview of DECCS release #2, as well as a question and answer session. The webinar will be held on Thursday February 23, 2017 from 11:30am - 12:30pm (Eastern). To view the webinar click here Toll Free Number (for audio): 877-336-1829; Access Code: 730 7668
- Federal Register Notice: Notice of Inquiry; Request for Comments Regarding United States Munitions List Category XII (01.13.17)
As part of the President's Export Control Reform (ECR) initiative, the Department of State, the Department requests public comment on (1) alternatives
to controls on certain items when "specially designed for a military end user," (2) the scope of the control in paragraph (b)(1), and (3) certain technical parameters that the Department is evaluating to replace "specially designed" controls. The Department of State will accept comments on this Notice of
Inquiry until March 14, 2017.
Click here to read
- Federal Register Notice: Final Rule; Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV (01.10.17)
Click here to read.
- Industry Notice: Modifications due to the Inauguration Day holiday (01.20.17)
Inauguration Day falls on Friday, January 20, 2017, and is a legal public holiday only for Federal employees who work in the “Inauguration Day area” (defined in law as the District of Columbia, Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland, Arlington and Fairfax Counties in Virginia, and the cities of Alexandria and Falls Church in Virginia). (See 5 U.S.C. 6103(c).) As such DDTC offices will be closed on January 20, 2017.
- The DDTC’s 3:00 PM drop-off/pick-up in the second floor lobby for Friday, January 20, 2017 is cancelled.
- The DDTC Response Team and DDTC Help Desk will not be taking calls or responding to emails on Friday, January 20, 2017.
- Web Notice: USML Category XV Final Rule, effective January 15, 2017, to be published in the Federal Register (01.06.17)
The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls expects to publish a Final Rule in the Federal Register revising USML Category XV soon. The rule is titled Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV, Public Notice 9688. Once published in the Federal Register, DDTC anticipates this Final Rule will be effective on January 15, 2017. An unofficial copy of the final rule is available here. Please consult the Federal Register for an official copy of the final rule, including its effective date.
Click here for a web notice regarding the Department of Commerce signed final rule that was also delivered to the Federal Register for publication, Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control under the United States Munitions List (USML), RIN 0694-AG59.